Thursday, April 28, 2011

Round Dos!

Okay, not to bad for round 1...went 6-2. Sabres let me down, clearly they need Aaron in goal instead of Miller (too many soft goals). As for the Pens, I thought it'd go seven, they just didn't have enough fight. On the other hand, the Preds came through HUGE, great upset!

So, onto Round 2, where we separate the men from the boys, the newcomers from the vets. Read them and weep...

East: Caps (in 6); Bruins (in 7)
West: Canucks (in 6); Wings (in 7)

The Caps are pretty strong, especially on the defensive end. And even though they usually don't step their game up for round 2, I think they have a lot left in the tank to beat the Lightning, but containing Stamko will be key! The Flyers squeaked out a series against Buffalo, but they can't do it again, can they? Boston should grind them out. And I'm riding on the Timmy Thomas express!

Out West, the Preds, who may be on the brink of becoming legit are just overmatched here, got to give the nod to Vancover (although they may come out tired after a 7 game series vs. Chicago). The Wings/Sharks has the chance to go the distance, but Detroit looked great in round 1. Sharks are always too up and down for me to ever have the confidence to pick them so I gotta go with the Wings.

I'll admit it, I punked out on this round, no upsets. I gotta go chalk here, I just see too many glaring differences between the good teams and the elite. Cross your fingers, lets just hope for some good hockey!

No comments:

Post a Comment