Tuesday, April 12, 2011

PLAYOFFS!? Did Someone Say Playoffs!?!

Okay, so while hockey isn't my primary sport, here are my picks:

East: Caps (in 5); Sabres (in 6); Bruins (in 6) Pens (in 6)
West: Canucks (in 6); Sharks (in 5); Wings (in 7); Preds (in 7)
...its always a hard question, do I go with my head or my heart?....

Capitals have had their strongest season yet, and the Rangers pretty much backed into the playoffs, so I'll let the Caps get to the 2nd Round (where they usually flame out anyways). As for the Sabres, yes I just hate Philadelphia that much. Period. The Bruins/Canadiens match up should be a thriller, probably could go either way, but Timmy Thomas has been pretty solid, they get the nod. Now, the Pens have actually done well, all injuries considered and Dan Bylsma should at least be on the ballot for coach of the year. I'll take the Pens (I get one homer pass, right?), but we'll see how they look, definitely not as solid as the past 3 yrs.

Now for the West...the Canucks have been great all season, big props to the Sedin bros. It'll be a tough matchup against the Hawks and may go the distance, but it's hard to pick against them, tough road but they'll get it done. Next matchup, I'll take Sharks over the Kings, but if I had to pick a BIG upset, it'd be this one. The Sharks are always streaky but I think they'll handle their business rather easily. I wish I could say that I'm picking the Coyotes too, but the Red Wings are always tough to knock out of the playoffs. Finally, I'll end with my big 1st Round upset special...Preds over the Ducks! As much as Anaheim is my favorite Western Conf. team, I'm going with my heart here and also for my friend Matt whose a huge Preds fan. Go Nashville!

No comments:

Post a Comment