Welcome!
Hopefully you're either one of my friends or are genuinely interested or just stumbled upon this blog by accident haha. In any case, I am glad you're here!...I hope to just ask questions, incite discussion, engage one another, but most importantly use this blog to pour out love, hope, and faith!
**Notice: Along the way I hope to update both the format and content of this cite and make it more intentional. That's what I want this to become, an intentional place to share, encourage, communicate and connect through our joys, pain, blessings, hardships, and faith or even lack thereof. But I need your help, input, thoughtful words, and wisdom to accomplish this!
So, I am playing around with calling this re-launch of my blog "RE:Me" as is referenced in 2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things become new." Any thoughts or alternate ideas you may have, I really hope you share them...because I know that I am not always the most creative. But I thought that this is relevant for a few reasons:
1. This is a NEW blog the old one has "passed away", its outdated. And being new can offer a fresh start, a clean slate.
2. As a christian, how can this possibly be more encouraging!? We are new creatures! If we are in Christ, old things have passed away, and ALL things become new!
3. Its about being honest, admitting our mistakes, past transgressions, owning it, and pressing on in faith.
I snapped this picture this past week because it honestly and practically shows how the growing pains I and we often go thru.
Often times we feel broken, hurt, dented, or cracked. There are weeds that so easily entangle us. Things effect us both positively and negatively. I am super guilty of this, and all too often letting affect my mood, communication with friends and family, interacctions, and relationships.
But, through the brokenness, God is continually working. I also need to confess that, I shamefully do not always have the strongest faith when it comes to believing this. There's a difference between knowing and believing.
But beauty, growth, and NEWness can come from brokenness. What are your "old things"? And while this beauty and growth should be encouraging, we should be aware that it can sometimes occur during moments or periods of discomfort, pain, and tears.
The outcome, however, should keep us hoping for what is unseen...the beautiful unfolding of the flower in the crack. The truth is that we are RE:made. We are a new creation, and if our faith is as big as our God, then sit back and watch what can grow in between the brokenness.
faith. hope. love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment