Wednesday, March 4, 2009

When all else fails, suck it up!

When I thought about how my last semester of college would turn out, this is not exactly what I had in mind. I believed that since I had a lighter schedule I would have more free time. That's been the only truth of the past two months. I also felt that having free time, I would be able to spend it with my friends. So I was very much looking forward to Frisbee, eating dinner with people, hanging out in each others' townhouse, prank wars, and other exciting adventures. But unfortunately, this dream has not worked out how I would have thought or would have liked.

Whenever I feel like hanging out, shooting the breeze, or going on an adventure, my friends always have something else going on. It sucks. Most of the time it is school related commitments, but it still feels like my last semester is slipping away. But I can't let it get me down. I got to suck it up!

So I suppose the moral that you should take away from this is don't wait til your senior year for some quality time. Go explore. Have an adventure. Go up to the bel tower in Old Main. Break into the tunnel between Browne and Ferg. Play frisbee just once, even if you're not any good. Go to mugsies. Canoe around the lake. Sit out and watch the stars. Enjoy it now, kids! It doesn't last!

No comments:

Post a Comment